Keep in mind:
- Try to keep the top of the braid relatively tight so it doesn't fall out too easily.
- If you find it too difficult starting the braid off, you can secure it with a hair elastic (low ponytail) first. You can then either leave the elastic in or remove it.
- You can choose to keep the braid tight down the length of the hair, which will leave your braid looking very neat and will stay in for longer (this is the option I chose).
- Alternatively, you can braid in a looser fashion, which means you'll be able to pull the braid apart more, creating a tousled "look how effing sexy I am" effect, which is also gorgeous. But note that this braid will not last as long (may fall out throughout the day or over night).
- It is best to finish off the braid with a small clear hair elastic or a small elastic similar in colour to your hair.
- The first few times you do this style, it will be frustratingly slow and may not look exactly how you want it. But after you've done it a few times you get quicker and more consistent.